This course offers further tuition and more advanced applications in financial accounting to candidates who have a reasonable knowledge of fundamental accounting.
This course primarily focuses on financial reporting by companies and evaluation of the operating results and the financial position of business concerns.
- Students who intend to further their studies in financial reporting.
- Persons who do basic and more advanced accounting work up to involvement in financial reporting.
- Persons involved and interested in financial statement analysis and budgeting.
Senior Certificate or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
A sound knowledge of fundamental accounting
English and Afrikaans
The assignments and examinations may be answered in English or Afrikaans
The course commences in February 2014. The closing date for registration is 31 January 2014.
UNISA open distance learning with tutorial letters and a study guide
Formative assessment and examination admission will comply with UNISA’s formative assessment rules and policies
A two-hour written exam
Credits of Module - 24
- Financial reporting by close corporations, companies and partnerships
- Analysis and interpretation of financial reports
- Budgeting and responsibility accounting
Further information regarding the content of the course is obtainable from:
Mr J A C Bosman BCompt (Hons) MCom CA (SA)
Centre for Accounting Studies
Office 2-035, A J H van der Walt Building, UNISA
Tel: 012 429 4645
Enquiries (Registrations, study material, administrative queries)
Ms E N Ramanyimi
Office 4-062, A J H van der Walt Building, UNISA
Tel: 012 429 4465 (8am – 1pm)
Fax: 086 642 5194