This course offers further tuition and more advanced applications in financial accounting to candidates who have a reasonable knowledge of fundamental accounting.
This course primarily focuses on financial reporting by companies and evaluation of the operating results and the financial position of business concerns.
- Students who intend to further their studies in financial reporting.
- Persons who do basic and more advanced accounting work up to involvement in financial reporting.
- Persons involved and interested in financial statement analysis and budgeting.
Senior Certificate or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
and a sound knowledge of fundamental accounting
English and Afrikaans
The assignments and examinations may be answered in English or Afrikaans
The course commences on 1 March 2015. The closing date for registration is 27 January 2015.
UNISA open distance learning with tutorial letters and a study guide
Formative assessment and examination admission will comply with UNISA’s formative assessment rules and policies
A two-hour written exam
Credits of Module - 24
- Financial reporting by close corporations, companies and partnerships
- Analysis and interpretation of financial reports
- Budgeting and responsibility accounting
Further information regarding the content of the course is obtainable from:
Mr J A C Bosman BCompt (Hons) MCom CA (SA)
Centre for Accounting Studies
Office 2-035, A J H van der Walt Building, UNISA
Tel: 012 429 4645
Enquiries (Registrations, study material, administrative queries)
Ms E N Ramanyimi
Office 4-062, A J H van der Walt Building, UNISA
Tel: 012 429 4465 (8am – 1pm)
Fax: 086 642 5194